Monday, September 16, 2013

I can do hard things


Dear blog, 
Guess what! Its that time of year again when things are kinda tough, change is in the air. 
   
   This weekend I had a chance to go on my final date with my dear Stewy before he leaves on a mission. We went down town to go walk around temple square. We went to dinner at The GardenI. It was delicious! (Try their fried pickles, seriously, yum!!) Then possibly my favorite part of the date we went to the Joseph Smith movie at the legacy theater. Never have I felt Emma's example impact me so much. 
   I know these next couple years are going to be so tough without my best friend by myself to listen to everything I have to say, good, bad, funny, literally everything. Emma conquered so many hard and difficult things in her lifetime, I can't even imagine the heart ache and pain she felt and over-came. I realized then and there I was very capable of doing hard things. Faith is what kept Emma going and serving everyone around her. That faith is what I crave, that service is what I hope to achieve. 
  After the movie, Stewy and I went and found a nice spot to just look at the temple and talk about the future. The future of service that lay in front of us, that sacrifice both of us are willing and grateful to make, as hard as it may be. If Emma did it, I can do it. 

  God is testing me, because he wants me to grow. I may not always understand why he asks me to do the things he does, and I won't lie trusting him and not knowing why, is difficult, but ever so worth it! 
   In seminary today we talked about 1 Nephi 6:4-6 and 1 Nephi 9. Something new I learned today was that Nephi was so faithful. He was asked to keep two records, he said in 9:5, "Wherefore, the Lord hath commanded me to make these plates for a wise purpose in him, which purpose I know not."
   We don't always have to know God's purpose, we just have to know God has a purpose. Why? "But the Lord knoweth all things from the beginning, wherefore, he prepareth a way to accomplish all his works among the children of men; for behold, he hath all power unto the fulfilling of all his words. And this it is. Amen" (verse 6)

  This gospel is so perfect and real. It brings me lasting true happiness, God knows all things, he has a beautiful perfect plan. Learn to come to his plan, his will and you will grow and become like Him and His Son :)
   Know that we, you and I, can do hard things, through Christ! 

#usetheinternetforgood #shareit

-Whitney 
(Watch this video on the new church website to help prepare missionaries!) 
I can't express enough gratitude for the positive feedback I have heard so far! Thanks for all your support! Spread the thanks today, thank someone you normally wouldn't :)

(Interested in the app that I made these beautiful clips with? shoot me an email!) 


1 comment:

  1. Whitney, you look so beautiful and grown up! Inside and out! Proud of you! We loved all of our Chinese outings with your fam. Can't believe how old you are now! Heidi Parks

    ReplyDelete