Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Friends, Answers and Family

I haven't update my blog in a while so I thought today would be a great day!

     This last week has been really nice for starters Thursday I got into a chalk fight with some of my best friends. It was so much fun! What happens when teenagers are left with blue chalk? Well we smear it all over each other. It took me a good shower to get all the blue chalk off of me and my hair. 




Next I had a wonderful Saturday with friends and then to end off the day I went to the General Young Women's meeting with my mom. The talks were amazing! 
    I was fortunate enough to receive an answer to my prayers that night. For a couple of weeks now I have been trying to decide if the career path I'm working towards is a good idea for me. I have been trying to decide if choosing to do my CNA (Certified Nurses Assisting) was a good option for me next year. 
   Sister Mary N. Cook gave a talk called, Seek Learning. (If you get a chance you should check it out, https://www.lds.org/youth/video/seek-learning?lang=eng) She talked about seeking out learning, and being selective.
    She said, "Arise, young women! You determine your goals. You decide what enters your mind and heart." 
   There was my answer :) I get to determine my goals. I felt very strongly that the decisions I was making about school would bring me so much happiness and help me so much in my life. 


   Now up to date, last night my family from New Zealand came in, they came to watch conference. I have never met them before so when my mom introduced me and they responded. I fell in love with their accents. Friday we will get to learn more about their culture along with the rest of my family. 


  Its amazing how the gospel can bring so many people together. For me its given me the answers I have been looking for. I love my family so much and getting to know them has been a really amazing experience so far! 

1 comment:

  1. Whitney - I am so glad that you received an answer to prayer. I am always amazed that when I listen to conference with a question in my heart it always gets answered. I think you would be an incredible CNA. You have a wonder personality that is great under pressure. Also you have an ability to make people feel calm and at easy. Can you start taking classes at school to help you towards this goal?

    ReplyDelete