Friday, September 6, 2013

My Journey: Positivity!

The night before school starts my dad always gives us a fathers blessing to help throughout the school year. 
   I'm not going to lie when my dad gives us these blessings sometimes I tune out and don't listen, not on purpose theres just so much said its hard to pay attention. However knowing that my senior year is approaching and change is abundant in the year I prayed that I would pay attention to what I needed to hear and remember most! My dad asked me to go first, and I accepted graciously. Looking back there's still a lot I don't remember about that blessing I received but sometimes lines come back to me when I need them. However my dad mentioned that this year I really needed to work on remaining positive! 
   I have to be honest. Remaining positive is something I struggle with. Anxiety I feel is sometimes my best friend and I have a tenancy to let it control my thoughts, which are not positive. No need to fear. I am remaining positive now! I can promise you that I know it helps! It is a real power that is ever so contagious! It spreads! Positive thoughts and comments turn into positive actions! This = SERVICE! Serve. Serve. Serve.  
   Look to those around you, neighbors family, friends, relatives. Anyone and serve! Make dinner, cookies, clean or even write thank you notes! I promise it spreads! 
   We came to this earth seeking happiness! So lets spread this everlasting happiness to all those around us! 
   I feel like I need to talk about the importance of the priesthood. The priesthood has always been in my home. So I have been at a disadvantage to take it for-granted. The priesthood is so important and I know many people who don't have it in their homes, and I know how difficult it is. I have to thank my dad and brother for being worthy to hold the priesthood because it truly is a blessing!  
   If you are struggling or not struggling. If you are lonely or not lonely. Ask! Ask for a blessing from those people around you who have the authority. Don't wait until its too late! Its a real existing power that changes lives! 
   Tomorrow I'm singing with my dad at church. I'm singing the song Praise To The Man. I'll post the lyrics because when I sat down and really read them it taught me so much more about Joseph Smith and the priesthood he restored to the earth! Keys that will never be taken again. 
Praise to the man who communed with Jehovah!
Jesus annointed that Prophet and Seer.
Blessed to open the last dispensation,
Kings shall extol him, and nations revere.
Hail to the Prophet, ascended to heaven!
Traitors and tyrants now fight him in vain.
Mingling with Gods, he can plan for his brethren;
Death cannot conquer the hero again.
Praise to his mem'ry, he died as a martyr;
Honored and blest be his ever great name!
Long shall his blood, which was shed by assasins,
Plead unto heav'n while the earth lauds his fame.
Great is his glory and endless his priesthood.
Ever and ever the keys he will hold.
Faithful and true he will enter his kingdom,
Crowned in the midst of the prophets of old.
Sacrifice brings forth the blessings of heaven;
Earth must atone for the blood of that man.
Wake up the world for the conflict of justice.
Millions shall know "Brother Joseph" again.
  Let Gods mercy touch your hearts and turn to being positive! Its a strength. It will help you in times when being positive is the last thing you want. Pray. Ask for strength. Overcome. Remain positive. God blesses! 
   I love serving and if you are ever in need of a friend or someone to talk to email me! Write me! I'll try and reach out to you before you even ask :) I love this gospel. I love that God never leaves us. Christ is always there. We are truly never alone. ASK God! Plead with God.  Hard times will always be there but so will Christ
I'll keep on posting! 
-Whitney 

No comments:

Post a Comment