Monday, March 5, 2012

Grateful for my Mom

Sunday ended with my mom making a delicious Orange Zest Bunt cake, it was delicious!

Then I got a surprise visit from a friend, it was really nice to see him! He also really enjoyed the cake :)

I went to bed that night, tired after a good spiritual Sunday, only I didn't sleep long. I woke up with a terrible stomach ache. My dear mom felt so bad, she stayed up with me most of the night, and cared for me by calming me down and rubbing my back. At sixteen this seems silly to me, but I realized just how lucky I was to have a mom who cared so much about me.
She didn't wake me up to take the bus, she just simply let me sleep, which was exactly what I needed. She let me sleep all the way until 12. I woke up to a banana, and toast! Always helps me feel better :)

I'm so grateful for my loving mom. She is always there for me to talk to, not only is she a wonderful mom she is my best friend. A best friend everyone would love to have. She always has the best advice even if its something I don't necessarily agree with. She has always been there to help me

Its never fun staying home sick, but when you have a wonderful mom like I do, it makes it a little easier :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling well. You mom is the best! I am so glad you wrote this down because one day you might just need to remember this day.

    ReplyDelete